|Home Departments (Clinics)
- Location: Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center, 3rd Floor
- Hours of Operation: 0730 - 1630, Monday - Friday
(NOTE: Clinic is closed in the afternoon the 1st Thursday of every month for training)
- POC: 59th MDSP
The Cardiology Flight supports electrocardiographic (EKG) recording and analysis for Region 6. Any EKG recorded within the region is sent by modem into our computers, analyzed by our cardiology staff, and a report is returned to the requesting provider. Holter monitor and signal averaging services are also provided by the EKG laboratory.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic
We are committed to the rehabilitation of cardiovascular patients. The program is a multi-factorial process that is designed to limit the adverse physiological and psychological effects of cardiac illness, to reduce the risk of sudden death or reinfarction, to control cardiac symptoms, to stabilize or reverse the atherosclerotic process, and to enhance the patient's psychological and vocational status.
Dedicated to the cardiac care of all patients who seek our services:
We actively seek to assist any provider with their patient's cardiac problems, and will meet or exceed access to care standards for new appointments. We have opened our outpatient appointments for direct booking by HCFs, providing patients with timely access to our outpatient clinic.
- 2 Board Certified Staff Cardiologists
- 1 Board Certified in Electrophysiology Satellite Clinic weekly staffed with Board Electrophysiologist (SAMMC provider)
- Hours of Operation: 0800 - 1630, Monday - Friday
(NOTE: Clinic is closed in the afternoon the 1st Thursday of every month for training.)
- Phone: (210) 292-7026
- DSN: 554-7026
- FAX: (210) 292-7737
We provide cardiac consultations. If your provider wishes to submit an urgent consult, they will need to call and speak with the clinic on-call provider or fax the information to the number above. Your provider will need to provide us with the patient's phone number on the cover letter to help facilitate scheduling. Also, please ensure all patient information and the sponsor' s Social Security number are included on the referral.
- FAX Consult (DSN): 554-7737
- Commercial Fax: (210) 292-7737
If the patient is enrolled in TRICARE Prime, the physician will initially need to coordinate the referral through the proper channels using the Health Care Finders. Ensure the physician provides their name and contact information in the referral.
If the referring physician determines that the patient needs to be seen within 72 hours, please call the cardiologist assigned to your base in order to facilitate this referral. If there are ANY problems please feel free to call the assigned cardiologist or, contact our clinic for assistance.
Outpatient Cardiology Services Offered
- Clinical Consultation: Routine and Urgent
- Echocardiography to include TEE, Stress and Viability studies
- Outpatient cardiac catheterization when indicated (procedure educating/teaching provided at WHASC; actual procedure accomplished at SAMMC)
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Cardiac Computed Tomography (CT Scan)
- Access to active cardiothoracic surgical service
- Active clinical research program
- Full electrophysiology services, pacemaker, and ICD Clinics
- Cardiac rehabilitation services